Get a Professional Roof Inspection Before You Buy or Sell a House
Whether you’re ready to buy a home or preparing to sell your current home, a roof inspection can prove invaluable. A professional roof inspection by Tony's Roofcare Inc. can uncover any defects and problems with the roof, and offer potential solutions so both buyers and sellers can make the right decisions associated with purchases and repairs.
Benefits of a Roof Inspection
Benefits to the buyer:
- Learn more about the roof and its condition.
- Protect yourself from potentially large repair expenses.
- Use any flaws to negotiate on purchase price.
- Anticipate future roof repairs.
Benefits to the seller:
- Learn more about any potential roofing issues that could interfere with a sale.
- Increase buyer confidence.
- Protect yourself against any future legal action.
- Get the best price on the sale.
What We Look For
A professional roof inspector from Tony's Roofcare Inc. can complete a thorough examination of the roof’s condition, pinpointing a multitude of issues that could stop a home purchase in its tracks. These include:
- Cracked or loosened tiles or shingles.
- Visible water damage on the roof or ceilings.
- Hail damage on the roof.
- Dilapidated shingles that are curling, cracking or splitting.
- The appearance of moisture or rot under the shingles.
- Flashing (which helps stop leaking by protecting the space between a vertical wall and a sloped roof) is broken or missing.
- Non-functioning gutters.
We can provide you with documentation attesting to the age and quality of the current roof. As a buyer, a roof inspection can help you avoid a nasty and expensive shock post-purchase.As a seller, the inspector’s findings provide you with an opportunity to make repairs so the home can pass inspection and the sale can be finalized.